Sunday, May 15, 2011

Rainy Weekend

someone figured out the wipes container
On Friday I was going to post some link love. But with blogger being down, that didn’t happen. I snuck one post in before it went screwy, even if it says it posted Saturday and not Thursday. I’ll have to post the links later. If I remember. Oh, and regarding that post – no, I didn’t get to put some stuff out at the curb. I’ll blame the rain, though laziness and a desire to mow the lawn on Friday night probably had something to do with it. If you can be lazy while push-mowing a third of an acre. I don’t feel bad since I’ve put stuff out on the curb once or twice already this spring and had great results, and will continue to do so. I even had a neighbor stop by one day a few weeks ago to ask if he could raid my scrap wood “trash” bin. AKA the wooden crap I pull out of my house that will eventually become kindling for my grandmother’s stove. I told him to go for it, and to feel free to just take anything out of that bin that he wants. One man’s trash and all that. But I digress.

My little helper ha been helping me alllll weekend while we’ve been stuck inside with the rain. I’ll be glad to get back to work where I can, you know, accomplish things. Ok, that’s not fair. I did accomplish things, even with his help. We took back the recycling, went to playgroup, took a load of dishes to my parent’s house and mooched off their dishwasher (what? my dishwasher is broken), did a little sewing, knit a few more rounds on a monkey, put everything in my mouth (wait, that was Max), made a few more cloth diapers that hopefully will not leak like the others (live, learn, and redraft patterns), and did a lot of laundry. Six loads and counting. We went away last weekend and still hadn’t caught up on laundry until yesterday. It’ll be nice to wear the 1st lineup socks to work instead of the hot pink argyle ones.

Just as an aside, if you have to wear hot pink argyle socks to work – own it. Never show fear or indecision, they can smell it.

No comments: