Thursday, March 3, 2011

Review: Surfing Silver

It was hubby’s big 3-0 recently. We were going on a road trip to celebrate, but that didn’t work out so well and had to be cancelled. Instead, we stayed home and had a quiet day hanging out with Max, eating birthday brownies, and watching a lot of Married With Children reruns (birthday boy’s choice).

For such a special birthday – a big “0” birthday, and his first birthday as a daddy – I knew I needed to step it up with an awesome gift. I browsed Etsy for a bit (I love Etsy) and came across Surfing Silver. Am I so glad I did!

Rita makes the most amazing things out of silver. She has several items of her own design, but what I got really excited about was that she will take a digital image such as handwriting, a drawing, or baby footprints and etch them into the silver.

After I picked my jaw up off the desk I immediately placed an order for her to etch Max’s feet into a key fob, along with the word hallelujah underneath (double meaning – hallelujah for our son, and Hallelujah by Rufus Wainwright is our song). Perfect!

Not only is the piece gorgeous, she even wrapped it beautifully for me. Hubby got a little teary, and just loves it. I hinted (ahem, out and out said) that I would just love something similar for my birthday.

Here are a few things on my wish list:



I highly suggest that you go check out her shop!

I did not receive any sort of compensation from Surfing Silver for this review, I just loved the product so much that I had to share. http://www.etsy.com/shop/surfingsilver

No comments: