Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year!

Yes, I know it’s January 3rd, but my vacation is over and I’m back on the keyboard. So, Happy New Year!

I hate resolutions. The few times I’ve tried to actually make a resolution I get annoyed with having it hanging over my head like an annoying bug whispering in my ear, “That’s going to break your resolution if you do that…” Ugh.

Instead, I have a few goals. If I don’t meet my goals this year, I won’t beat myself up. That’s a goal too.

1)         Don’t freak out about missing goals/personal deadlines/letting the kitchen counter get messy.
2)         Get in (a different) shape. As in, try to redefine the waist I know is in there somewhere. I know there’s no way in heck that I’m going to get physically fit, I haven’t had the motivation to do that in the last 10 years and I have no desire to do it now. But buttoning my pre-maternity pants up without hurting myself would be nice.
3)         House projects – finish Max’s room (almost done!), finish the kitchen, finish the dining room, start the living room and upstairs bath.
4)         Landscape projects – fill in the swimming pool dent (it was an above ground pool, so it’s only 1’ or so deep), tear out the weird deck/garden/pond thing and refashion the space into a real flowerbed. Possibly do something about the fence.

What are your goals for the year?

2 comments:

~ Regan said...

ooh , those are good ones!

I would love to have my own veggie garden, to start growing MY OWN food. ;)

And I hear ya on the kitchen counter thing!

Jessie said...

Veggie gardens are so worth it! I've been lusting after seed catalogs the last few weeks, planning this year's garden. :)