Monday, June 4, 2012

Temporary Gardening

happy hostas
I'm still (not-quite-so-patiently) waiting for the yard and raised bed to be fixed. (If I only had a bobcat) In the meantime, the specimens I saved from the raised bed are looking awfully happy in the vegetable garden... and the ones that I started and/or bought in the meantime are happy there too. It's tempting, oh so tempting, to leave them where they are and move my veggies.

But, no, I will have my perennial bed back! And it will be fantastic!

In the meantime, I have lots of temporary homes for all of my plants that will eventually go in that bed. The majority, as you can see, are in my vegetable bed. I have one, two, four large pots of flowers on the deck that are accumulating (the latest two were added this weekend as I decided to save the pink bleeding heart) as I inherit plants with no immediate place to plant them. The front porch has also gotten several pots of perennials (and two tree seedlings) as decor this spring.

How do you cope with temporary homes for plants? Do you have any transplanting tips? I'll do a post on that soon and we can compare notes.

No comments: