Thursday, June 28, 2012

Some Thoughts on 30

my boys
I turn 30 today.

Yeah.

I think I'm ok with it tho. I know 30 is one of those dreaded ages to get to, but so far it's a heck of a lot better than my 20's. My 20's were a time of learning what works for me and what doesn't, and learning about what I really want and need in life. The last 10 years have been growing years.

In my 20's I lived in good apartments, bad apartments, had good landlords, bad landlords, and a landlord that accused me of having a dog (I made him walk inside my apartment and look for any sign of this supposed dog after two weeks of accusations and threats). Now I'm my own landlord.

In my 20's I had an ulcer or two, migraines, and just was not in tune with my body or my surroundings. Rather than fighting against myself, I now live more naturally and in harmony with my body and I'm living the benefits.

In my 20's I thought I needed stuff to be happy. Now I know that it isn't the stuff that makes me happy, it's how I interact with the stuff. If I'm happy, I'm happy. Stuff only assists.

In my 20's I thought I would never have children. Now I have a beautiful son that I love more than anything in the world and who inspires me every single day (even if it's an inspiration of patience).

In my 20's I stayed in love with the same person. Our love has changed as we have changed, but it's always there. It's been a good 10 1/2 years, hon.

In my 20's I created stability, a home, and a family. I am the most proud of myself for being a point of stability for myself and my family so that where we go our home goes with us. My love and priorities are strong, I'm resourceful, and I know no matter what we'll be good to go.

WE will be good to go. That's my favorite accomplishment of my 20's. Creating WE.


No comments: