Tuesday, January 24, 2012

ANOTHER Birthday Pound Cake

raspberry pound cake
Yes, I know, I already wrote about this... BUT, this post is different enough. I swear.

So, while I was going through the liquor cabinet to find the amaretto for the Amaretto-Almond Pound Cake I spied a bottle of raspberry liquor. I have no idea why on earth I bought raspberry liquor, but it's there, and as I mentioned dad likes raspberry... so I made another pound cake. Just because I had to give it a shot.

I made the cake pretty much the same, just substituting the raspberry for the amaretto and leaving out the sliced almonds. For the glaze I halved the water and substituted more raspberry liquor. Because I can. As a finishing touch I dusted it with powdered sugar (this time it wasn't to cover up the broken parts).

It turned out ah-may-zing. Sometimes I impress myself.

No comments: