Monday, January 21, 2013

Under the Kitchen Sink

That just sounds like the title to a horror movie. "Under the Kitchen Sink." Blech. (I know, it looks dirty under there - but I swear it's clean!)

Under the sink used to be an awful mess. Plastic bags were the main culprit - and the solution was a simple one. I cut the arm off an old, long sleeved shirt, tied up the wrist end, and put an embroidery hoop in the upper arm to hold it open (a pink one!). I left some overhang on purpose to help hold bags inside, mounted the hoop on a cup hook I put on the side of the cabinet, and shoved the bags in. Success!

Once that was taken care of, it was easy to sort through all of the stuff under there and get it in the right place - whether that was a smaller container, a different cabinet, or the trash. I had a good chat with myself about what cleaners I actually use, and which ones are just there. I used the same mentality as a lot of organizers use - if you haven't used it in 3-6 months, throw it out! Granted, the Costco size thing of dish soap that I never use won't actually be thrown away, I'm bringing it to our local food shelf. (Hubby did the shopping one day and mis-read my "dishwasher detergent" note, so we ended up with a gallon of dish soap.)

No comments: