Monday, February 27, 2012

"Strawberry" Oatmeal

Keep in mind that I'm using the word strawberry very loosely here.

So, you know those oatmeal packets you can get? Specifically the strawberries and cream ones? Yeah, I love those. But I know they're not very good for you, so with some creativity (and bravery) I've come up with an alternative:

"Strawberry" Oatmeal
1/2 cup low fat plain or vanilla yogurt
1/2 cup oatmeal (dry)
1 1/2-2 cups very hot water
1 strawberry flavored fizzy vitamin tablet (like airborne)

Put everything in a bowl big enough to hold it and stir occasionally until the tablet is dissolved. It doesn't taste exactly like those oatmeal packets, but it's pretty darn close.

Per the labeling on my ingredients, it comes out to 215 calories and 3.75 grams of fat - with a really good dose of protein, fiber, and of course vitamins.

No comments: