Monday, February 13, 2012

Seed List 2012

We had a cold snap this weekend and stayed indoors on Sunday. That didn't keep me from day dreaming about this summer and putting in a few seed orders to supplement the shopping trip I did in January.

In no particular order, here's the 2012 seed list:
black valentine bean (snap and baking)
tigers eye bean (baking)
cannellini bean (baking)
green arrow pea
hungarian heart tomato
luffa angled gourd
half long guernsey parsnip
carnations
marigolds
whippersnapper cherry tomato
spinach
lettuce
basil
melons (mixed)
sweet bell peppers (mixed)
popcorn
artichoke
nasturtium
winter squash (mixed)
cucumbers
turnips
birdhouse gourd
beets
cauliflower
carrots

And, since my community garden plot has super heavy clay soil, I plan on amending it this year with a cover/compost crop of alfalfa and clover. I'll plant half in the spring, till it under halfway through the summer, plant the other half and till the whole thing in the fall. The other half will be beans, which with good timing on planting I should have a summer crop and a fall crop.

Of course I also had to get some fun things: millet for my lovebirds, and some blueberry and serviceberry seeds just for fun.

2 comments:

NanaDiana said...

That is quite an ambitious gardening project! xo Diana

LuLu Kellogg said...

My husband just ordered all his seeds and man he's going to have a ton of work to do! I will leave that part to him because I kill everything.

LuLu~*xoxo