Monday, April 22, 2013

Front Entry Makeover!

Man, this was overdue.

Before:
These belong curbside, not on a house! And that bare bulb...


After!!!

A new light, house numbers, and an appropriately sized mailbox. What a world of difference!

I spray painted a 1'x2' board with a hammered metal finish, then hand painted the house numbers, and mounted the mailbox directly on the board. I just printed out big numbers, and cut them out to make a stencil that I traced on the board. Cheap and pretty!


The light fixture is my favorite part though. It's an $85 fixture that I got for $20 since it was a return with a damaged box. It's been waiting for two years for me to get up the courage to rewire a light - and after doing it I'm laughing at myself for waiting this long. It wasn't easy per se, but it wasn't as difficult as I'd assumed.

And isn't that a gorgeous result?


Less than $50 total - $20ish for the light, $25 for the mailbox, and a few new light bulbs. The rest I had in my stash. Oh, and the wreath? I made that from vines in the back yard, some gold spray paint, and a bit of old pant leg.

No comments: