Tuesday, April 9, 2013

"Green" Smoothies

You know, green smoothies don't have to be green. They can be all sorts of colors - just getting that dose of kale or spinach (or green of choice) is the point.

I've been having the same thing for breakfast for the last few weeks, and I feel great. It goes a little something like:
  • Handful of kale
  • Scoop of protein powder/meal replacement (chocolate or vanilla)
  • A banana
  • A heaping Tbsp of plain yogurt
  • 1/2 cup of frozen berries
  • A crushed up multi-vitamin
  • Milk/green tea to cover

I blend it all together, and there we go! Easy, and usually brown. :) I vary the berries and whether I use chocolate or vanilla powder, that keeps it interesting enough that I haven't gotten bored. And it's actually holding me until lunch - go figure!




No comments: