Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Chair Seat

This had to be one of the largest "time to complete task versus time spent avoiding task ratios" I've had. The seat of my chair broke a few years ago, and it took less than half an hour total to fix. Years:minutes... I'm not doing the math. But it's done now!

It's an easy fix, the style of chair just needs a floating seat that drops down into the frame. All I had to do was suck it up and get out the saw. The little battery operated saw that I keep in the cabinets near my craft area. Not like I had to even go outside and walk across the driveway to the garage for this one. Seriously, I have no idea why I've been putting this off for so long.

So I got out the saw, made three cuts on two pieces of wood (aka old pieces of bookshelf left over from Max's shelves), and glued them together. Done in 15 minutes.

Well, almost done. It still needs covering. Stay tuned!

No comments: