Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Spring Cleaning the Yard

I'm pretty sure we're going to have an early spring this year - not that I'm surprised. It's been a "warm" winter. Warm being a relative term and all.

The migratory song birds are coming back, and the seagulls were making a ruckus this weekend. So, I've decided it's close enough to spring to go ahead and start some yard work.

Yesterday it was warm enough after work that Max and I hung out in the yard for an hour before going inside. He inspected his domain, flung sand, checked on the cold frame (complete with pots and dirt that I didn't put away last fall) and did some swinging. I cleaned up the perennials, moved around a few stones/masonry bits, and pulled up a fence post and its footer that had finally broken down enough that I could take it out in pieces.

My goal for Saturday is to mow the lawn and perennials. Yup. Mow the lawn and the perennials. You heard me right. The phlox bed is just too shaggy, and I definitely left the grass too long last fall. I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

Uncle Tractor said...

I sounds like Max is on the mend. That's great. Enjoy the weather!