Monday, September 10, 2012

Frames

I feel like I should be able to think of a clever title for this post, but I'm fresh out. It's been a long few weeks.

You may have noticed that all of the frames in Max's room match (kinda). Thanks to local yard sales, I picked up a few dozen frames here and there for no more than a dollar each. I grouped them out into categories: dark brown or black, vaguely metallic 5x7's, and other.

(Notice my super sorting system: a giant pile of the black, brown & metallic frames that I crossed my fingers my 2-year-old wouldn't topple)


All of the "others" got a fresh coat of paint. I started with a coat of light gray latex paint that I had in the cabinet.


But the light gray just wasn't doing it for me. So I dug around in the cabinet some more and found a can of dark gray metallic spray paint - score.


A quick coat later, and I had some pretty awesome frames!


Cost: one dollar or less per frame (not including the content, though the art was inexpensive too!)

No comments: