Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Veggie Stir Fry on Atkins

Contrary to popular belief, you don't just eat bacon while you're on Atkins. You're supposed to eat lots of vegetables too! When you get sick of salad, think stir fry.

Veggie Stir Fry

1 serving, 3.8 carbs (7.2 if you add the pea pods)

1 Tbsp sesame oil
2 tsp minced garlic
1/2 c pea pods, optional
1 c bok choy, chopped
1/2 c sliced mushrooms
2 Tbsp fresh chives, chopped
1 Tbsp soy sauce

Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute until fragrant. Add the vegetables and chives, drizzle the soy sauce (and additional sesame oil if desired) over the vegetables. Cook 3-5 minutes or until you've reached desired done-ness. Serve with your meat of choice. I used leftover, fully cooked pork in my stir fry. If you start with raw meat, cook the meat first and set it aside while you cook the veggies then combine with the veggies at the end.

Since 1 bunch of bok choy gave me 4 cups of chopped, I quadrupled the recipe and had some for lunches that week. I also chopped up extra while I was at it and stuck all of the raw ingredients in the freezer for a quick meal later.


No comments: